What can we do?
The smell of the ocean – The sound of waves breaking – the feel of sand between your toes – There’s nothing quite like the beach! Swim, walk the beaches and national parks, read, sleep in, explore the south coast by car or bicycle, eat… relax! No driving to the beach, no carrying bags – just a towel and sunglasses and in 10 seconds you are in the surf.
On Denhams is a rare haven away from the stress of modern living. It is hard not to relax while watching the ocean on the sunlounges on the enormous deck – or from the comfortable living area with its bifold doors to the ocean breezes. At night enjoy the sounds of the ocean and the canopy of stars.
The south coast of NSW is very picturesque for short and long drives to small towns and communities up and down the coast. The area offers a number of tourist attractions from nature parks and Mogo Zoo to plenty of opportunities for exploring by car, walking and by boat. The Batemans Bay Tourist Centre and the Eurobodalla Coast Tourism – everything from tourist attractions, bushwalking and bicycle paths to restaurants. There are new restaurants on the Marina, an Oyster Bar and a degustation experience with Japanese and French cuisine
All sports are available from golf courses to kayaking. You can hire a boat or a houseboat for the day, go fishing, watch whales (in season) but most days the dolphins are in the ocean in front of your apartment.
DAY TRIPS AND SIGHTSEEING – some more ideas
- Mogo zoo and Mogo
- Botanic Gardens, Batemans Bay
- Drive south and visit Tuross, Narooma and Tilba Tilba
- North to Durras and kangaroos
- North to Ulladulla and Milton
- Boat hire at Batemans Bay on Clyde River
- Canberra (2 hours each way)
- Seals at Montague Island (from Narooma)
- Moruya markets on Saturday mornings
- Birdland, Batemans Bay
- Batemans Bay Visitors’ Centre for information on nature walks, kayaking, jet skis etc
- River cruise on Clyde Princess – daily
- Whale watching (Whales NSW is the app)
- 27 hole golf course at Batemans Bay
- Lots of walking tracks around the bay and the ocean